Zeitgeist the ultimate in conspiracy theories.

If you have been reading any of my articles then you know my general dislike for conspiracy theories and those that espouse them. Specifically Ron Paul's supporters and 9-11 Truthers the embodiment of everything wrong with tinfoil hat wearing nutcases. I could care less you think there was a 2nd gunman or the bullet was embued with magical properties, but do not accuse our government of killing almost 3,000 of our citizens.

Conspiracy theories will always be around us, like festering tumors in the heart of society and I have largely come to terms with that. I have written my theory as to why people turn to this dark "science" and stipulate that an absence of religion must be a primary explanation. For those of you who know me, this might sound hypocritical because I am an atheist, but my atheism does not push me into believing that some shadow organization is trying to control the world. I find it amusing that conspiracy nuts destroy the concept of religion and level all sorts of asinine accusations against religious people, but then turn around and insist that some all powerful organization is manipulating the entire world. Hello? It's not just hypocritical, it is downright imbecilic.

I do not plan to engage in any lengthy diatribe today, but I do want to a share a little story. My family on occasion communicates with people in Russia, friends of ours I suppose, and sometimes it is interesting to hear their perception of what is happening in the world. Especially their constant blaming of America and how we causes all of Russia's problems. Boo-Hoo! Recently, my dad discovered that Zeitgeist has been translated in Russian and has become EXTREMELY popular over there. Surprised? Nah, after 9-11 a book alleging our government was implicit in the destruction of the twin towers became a best seller in France. Unfortunately with the global recession gaining speed and people becoming angrier and more desperate, movies like Zeitgeist act as gunpowder in an inferno that has already been raging. "Peter Joseph" seems to understand that pretty well I take it.

I largely ignored this movie when it first came out once I discovered the contents. Why would I waste two hours of my precious life watching lies and "facts" that have been debunked? I would rather stab myself with a dull knife. Unfortunately, the popularity of this so-called movie is undeniable and there are legions of followers who consider this sacred piece of cow dung the TRUTH. Ironically these people consider the rest of us sheep, who can only be cured by basking in the soothing light of verity that is Zeitgeist. Yet, we are the sheep?

Ultimately, my dad was asking me a few questions about the movie, he wanted to relay the information back to our Russian friends - considering that this Russian friend of ours has a somewhat open mind about things, a rarity in those lands. Specifically who made the movie and why? At first I wanted to comb through the movie and debunk it, then I realized it would actually require me watching the whole thing. This of course would significantly compromise my eye sight and might cause a brain hemorrhage, so I spent some time looking on the Internet.

Luckily, a brave soul sacrificed himself for our sakes. Edward Winston has a website, called Conspiracy Science and I highly recommend it! He goes through the entire movie, part by part and painstakingly explains everything to the best of his abilities. Unlike the original movie, Edward actually uses sources!

If you have questions about the movie, or just need some ammunition to fight the swaths of Zeitgest zombies then be sure to investigate this fantastic resource.

P.S. Peter Joseph is the creator of this magnificent piece of crap and unfortunately I could not find much about him. The only interesting piece of information comes from Edward, who calculated that Peter most likely is making a killing off this movie. Even though Peter claims this movie is entirely non-profit, he makes a tidy profit on every DVD he sells. This is only relevant as it illustrates that conspiracy theorists engage in deception, ironic considering they accuse everyone else of being liars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2009 credit boom is coming to an end.

What is wrong with this country?

401k Takeover Proposal. IRAs in danger?